1999 BMW 528iT
In October 2010, I finally sold my beloved 1993 325is. It was too similar (in utility value) to my 840Ci. In its place I wanted a larger, more practical BMW to better compliment my 8'er. Since I had already tried the X5 and was not satisfied with its harsh ride, I turned to the 5 series wagon (or as it's called: a "touring").
I liked the idea of owning a non-SUV, especially one with even more room than the X5! After six months of shopping for an unmolested example, I found one in April of 2011: a well maintained '99 528iT - in the special champagne gold with sand leather interior. Perfect!
As is my nature, I immediately began working on the car's minor issues and so far have completed the following:
- Front thrust arm bushings and rear sub frame bushings,
- ASC/ABS module rebuilt,
- Ignition contact switch cleaned (solved intermittent electrical gremlins),
- Headlight adjusters,
- VANOS rebuilt (results: wow!) with valve cover gasket set,
- Hard disc media in place of CD changer (Phatbox),
- Power steering fluid lines,
- Windshield washer tank rebuilt (pumps and seals).
I have enhanced the utility value of the car with the following:
- Window tint
- Factory roof crossbars
Willis, TX, USA